Leuchtie LED Dog Collar Review
I’ve had three Light collars for Monty in as many years. All great collars in their own right. Just one problem; when the batteries run out, I can’t be bothered to replace them. The reason; they all take those little silver disc type batteries, the ones you get in watches. A real pain to find replacements so I simply don’t bother.
Yes, I’m lazy but I suspect I’m not the only one out there with a light collar with dead batteries, tucked away in a drawer somewhere.
Now the Leuchtie has many great features but for me, the fact that it takes regular AAA batteries immediately sets it apart form other LED collars. I can buy them anywhere, in fact, I probably have half a dozen tucked away in the same drawer as other three dead light collars.
The Leuchtie is made in Germany, a country that’s famous for quality and high standards of workmanship. The Leuchtie is the Mercedes of LED Light Collars. It’s beautifully designed, incredibly robust and most importantly, it’s practical!
Lets look at some of the Leuchtie LED dog collars features…
- The light is incredibly bright and it’s constant. No annoying flashing lights
- Totally waterproof – 100% safe to use in wet weather or even in water
- Turns on and off automatically. Just place the collar over your dogs head and the lights come on.
- It comes in 8 colours
- The bright green and blue Leuchtie’s can be seen from up to 1000 metres away
- Easy to clean
- Takes 2 regular AAA batteries
- Long battery life
- Spare parts available
- Comes with a 2 year guarantee
The Leuchtie LED dog collar comes with a premium price tag but you have to remember that this isn’t a gimicky, novelty product. It’s seriously well made and I’d imagine it will last for years. Even if a part does eventually wear out, a full range of replacement parts are available. So, in actual fact, it’ll probably last your dog a lifetime.
Leuchtie LED dog collars are currently being used by Search and Rescue teams in Germany. As endorsements go, it really doesn’t get any better than that.
A superb product. Well made, looks great and perfect for water loving Labradors.
The high price tag may put some people off. All I can say is you get what you pay for and with the Leuchtie LED dog collar, you certainly get value for money.
Choosing the right size Leuchtie LED dog collar:
- The Leuchtie collar fits over your dogs head therefore you’ll need to measure the head NOT the neck.
- Adjust your dogs usual collar until you can comfortably slip it over his head. You should also be able to remove it again without causing any discomfort to your dog.
- Once you have the right size, simply measure the circumference of the collar.
- Choose the size of Leuchtie that’s closest to your measurement
Where to buy…
The Leuctie LED dog collar is available from:
www.collarways.co.uk (United Kingdom)
www.pet365.co.uk (United Kingdom)
www.glowdoggie.com (USA & Canada)